Sunday, September 2, 2007

Weekly Letter Home

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a busy week in the town in which I live in the country in which I reside for this yearlong stint that the government, to which I am ever so grateful, has graciously bestowed upon me. (If you’re wondering why the cryptic language, I’ll explain below.) The highlights are these. I had a party with my fellow English teachers and a couple others of the faculty, which ended in disaster for me both that night and the next morning. My school put on a festival showcasing the talents of the students and the willingness to put themselves forward for public ridicule of the teachers and administration. (During a break in the festival, some of the older teachers offered to set me up on a blind date.) I began TKD at the local dojang and have signed up for hanja lessons at the same. I traveled to Wonju, the nearest big city, to meet friends from orientation. Oh, and I managed to teach students somewhere in between all those events as well.

Those were the highlights. The details (and an explanation for the cryptic language) are below.

No comments: