Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tutoring: A Korean Teacher at Last

I had my first tutoring lesson with H.W. today. We will work with the textbook I used during orientation. Essentially, we will go through the material in each chapter and make sure I have no questions about it. I will then complete the exercises for that chapter during the week and memorize the vocabulary. At this rate, we should almost complete the book before I have my Winter Break, during which I plan on taking Korean classes at a University or language institute for foreigners. My hope is that I will be able to matriculate into an intermediate level class by that time.

Unfortunately, we can only meet on weekends as she goes to school in Seoul. I wanted to travel on the weekends, but I may have to forgo this pleasure for the sake of my language goals. That, or I will have work independently and only see her every other week or so. The next few weeks will be particularly difficult as I have prior engagements already scheduled, but I should be able to clear appointments for the weekends after these.

No comments: