Thursday, October 4, 2007

Eating with Lauren's Hostfamily

On Thursday evening, I got a call from Lauren G., a fellow ATE placed in Wonju. Her host family and she were passing through town and wondered if I’d like to grab a quick bite to eat. I said, “Sure,” and after giving them some apparently very confusing directions (in their defense, I don’t know my house’s address and giving bridges as landmarks isn’t all that helpful as there are about 6 or so bridges in my area), they eventually picked me up and we headed into town.

We finally stopped off at a Myeongtae restaurant, which is a fish specialty for the local area apparently. Tasty, but my memory is too far gone to make further remarks on it. I do remember that it was rather expensive though, so it is unlikely that I’ll try it again. If I do, I will leave you know.

The hostfamily carted Lauren off to choir practice before she could meet my family, something which I will have to amend at some point with her. The host family was a little disappointed it seems that she left so early…

No comments: