Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekly Letter Home: "And then I found $5!"

Dear Family and Friends,

I’ve crossed the 2-month mark in my stay here in Korea. I’ve learned much and am still learning to be sure. Classes, TKD, and constantly trying to understand what’s going on around me are beginning to take their toll. This weekend, I slept a considerable amount, which I felt was alright since I was staying up a considerable amount during the week. I’m still getting seven hours a night, but I could be getting eight or nine with my schedule, and feel I should given what I’m doing every day. Perhaps this week I shall begin this routine. I’m still adjusting at any rate, staying flexible, which is always a good thing.

I’ve received well wishing from many of you this week. For this I thank you. Your letters and even small Facebook notes make me smile even when things are tough here. I miss you all, but know that I am doing well and certainly have manifold ways of occupying my time if I am not. Distractions are key to coping, I’ve found, and there are lots of ways for me to stay busy, even in a small town like the one I live in.

I’m still seeking adventure here, though, and there is plenty to be had.

P.S. During a break in my updating, I took a stroll around the house. I found 5000 won. So for those of you who are bored by my stories, just remember that in the end I find five dollars.

No comments: