Thursday, August 2, 2007

Taekwondo Yellow Belt Test

With one week left to go in TKD classes, the Kwanjangnim decided that we are ready for our yellow belt tests. This consisted of performing the three blocks (low, body, and high), three punches (low, body, and high), and four kicks (front, side, roundhouse, and stretching) that we know. Curiously, he did not test our ability with all stances, just riding horse stance. Walking stance and long stance were left amiss.

The long and the short of it is, I passed. It was not difficult, though I did make a huge rookie mistake: I went right when I should have went left. When beginning anything in TKD, it is always to the left, but I went right. Like I said, rookie move.

Next week, we begin to learn our first form. I want to learn this especially well, as I feel it will be essential to making a good impression with the teacher in the hamlet.

No comments: